Eureka Entertainment is to release A FOREIGN AFFAIR, Billy Wilder’s sophisticated satire starring Jean Arthur, Marlene Dietrich and John Lund, for the first time on Blu-ray in the UK, as part of The Masters of Cinema Series on 22 June 2020.
From the inimitable Billy Wilder (Double Indemnity, The Lost Weekend) comes this classic comedy that mixes romance with hard-boiled wit in a story about stiff-necked Iowa congresswoman Phoebe Frost (Jean Arthur – Shane) mired in jaded postwar Berlin.
As she investigates the morale of American troops, Phoebe is cynically wooed by fellow Iowan Captain John Pringle, who is trying to cover up his affair with Nazi-tainted chanteuse Erika von Schlütow.
Filled with sharp dialogue and satiric jabs, A Foreign Affair is one of Wilder’s most beloved comedies, and The Masters of Cinema Series is proud to present the film in its UK debut on Blu-ray.
BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES
- 1080p presentation on Blu-ray
- Uncompressed LPCM 2.0 audio
- Audio commentary by film historian Joseph McBride
- New video piece on the film by critic Kat Ellinger
- Archival interview with Billy Wilder
- Theatrical trailer
- A collector’s booklet featuring new writing by film historian Alexandra Heller-Nicholas; a new essay by critic Richard Combs; and more!