Eureka Entertainment is to release 976-EVIL, an outrageously enjoyable ‘80s horror from Robert “Freddy Krueger” Englund, on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK, as part of the Eureka Classics range. Available from 19 October 2020, featuring a Limited Edition O-Card slipcase and Collector’s Booklet [First Print Run of 2,000 copies ONLY].
Director Robert Englund (the iconic Freddy Krueger from the Nightmare on Elm Street series) dials up a gothic tale of high-tech horror in 976-EVIL.
High school underdog Hoax fills up the idle hours in his seedy little hometown fending off the local leather-jacketed thugs, avoiding his overbearing mother and dreaming of a date with trailer park temptress Suzie, But his quietly desperate life takes a terrifying turn when his cousin introduces him to an unusual new hobby – phoning in for his “horrorscope”. Hoax is hooked up with a compellingly hideous demonic force that slowly begins to overtake his entire life and now there’s more than just a phone bill to pay for anyone who ever dared cross “the neighbourhood nerd”.
Co-written by Brian Helgeland (L.A. Confidential, Mystic River) and featuring incredibly practical effects work from Robert Kurtzman and Howard Berger, Eureka Classics is proud to present 976-EVIL on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK.
BLU-RAY EDITION SPECIAL FEATURES
- Limited Edition O-Card slipcase [First Print Run of 2,000 copies ONLY]
- 1080p presentation on Blu-ray
- DTS-HD MA 5.1 and LPCM 2.0 audio options
- English subtitles (SDH)
- Audio commentary with director Robert Englund and set decorate Nancy Booth Englund
- 976-EVIL: home video version [105 mins, SD]: An extended version of the film from its original home video release on VHS
- New interview with producer Lisa M. Hansen
- New interview with special make-up effects artist Howard Berger (The Walking Dead)
- New interview with special effects technician Kevin Yagher (Nightmare on Elm Street)
- Limited Edition Collector’s Booklet [2,000 copies ONLY] featuring new writing by Craig Ian Mann