Daniel Draper’s new Labour Party documentary MANIFESTO will have its World Premiere in Liverpool next Thursday (16 June), followed by screenings in key UK cinemas.
MANIFESTO spotlights ‘the safest labour seat in the country’, Walton Constituency (and Daniel Draper’s hometown). Representing grass-roots Labour Party activity that’s a million miles apart from Westminster politics, the film charts the work of a host of party members who are energised by then Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn and his socialist ‘for the many’ manifesto – as the film shows, this is something that the foot-soldiers of the Walton Constituency are clearly enthused by, and something they genuinely feel they can champion. Daniel Draper’s previous films were Dennis Skinner documentary ‘Nature Of The Beast’ and ‘The Big Meeting’.
Some of the forthcoming MANIFESTO screenings will include Q&A’s with the filmmaker Daniel Draper along with various MPs. Details below:
- 16 June: Picturehouse At FACT, Liverpool (Q&A: MP Ian Byrne, activist Alan Gibbons, director Daniel Draper, hosted by Ross Quinn)
- 16 June: Glasgow Film Theatre (Q&A: MSP Paul Sweeney & former MSP Neil Findlay, hosted by Ruth Gilbert)
- 17 June: Tyneside Cinema, Newcastle (Q&A: MP Ian Lavery, Laura Pidcock from People’s Assembly, activist Ben Sellers, director Daniel Draper)
- 30 June: Hyde Park Picture House, Leeds (Q&A: MP Richard Burgon & director Daniel Draper)
- DATE TBC: Savoy Cinema, Nottingham (Q&A: MP Nadia Whittome & director Daniel Draper)
- 3 August: Duke’s At Komedia, Brighton (Q&A: MP Lloyd Russell Moyle & director Daniel Draper)
- Two London screenings will feature similar Q&A’s but those details are TBC.