Eureka Entertainment to release THE LUCKY STARS 3-FILM COLLECTION: Winners and Sinners; My Lucky Stars; and Twinkle, Twinkle Lucky Stars. Three Action Comedy Classics starring Jackie Chan, Sammo Hung and Yuen Biao will be presented on Blu-ray from brand new restorations as a part of the Eureka Classics range from 22 March 2021. The first print run of 2,000 copies will feature a Limited-Edition O-card Slipcase and Collector’s Booklet.
Three action packed comedy classics come to Blu-ray for the first in the UK from brand new 4K restorations! The original trilogy of Lucky Stars films were massively successful both in Hong Kong and internationally. Featuring star-studded ensemble casts including Sammo Hung (also directing), Jackie Chan, Yuen Biao, and appearances from Richard Ng, Andy Lau, Rosamund Kwan, Moon Lee, Dick Wei, James Tien and many more!
Winners and Sinners (1983)
Five former prisoners form a cleaning company and endeavour to keep clear of crime, but inadvertently find themselves in the middle of a counterfeit money scheme, and now the Triads and the police are out to get them!
My Lucky Stars (1985)
The Lucky Stars are sent to Japan to help the police apprehend a gang of dangerous criminals and a corrupt cop. Of course, nothing goes to plan, and a series of gut-busting and neck-breaking action sequences ensue, leading up to one of the best climactic fight sequences ever filmed.
Twinkle, Twinkle, Lucky Stars (1985)
Tasked with busting a crime syndicate, the Lucky Stars wreak havoc in a holiday paradise with their unique brand of high-kicking justice and outrageous antics.
SPECIAL THREE-DISC BLU-RAY EDITION CONTAINS
- O-Card Slipcase featuring new artwork by Darren Wheeling (First print run of 2000 copies will feature a Limited-Edition unique variant)
- All three films presented in 1080p on Blu-ray from brand new restorations
- Winners and Sinners – new 4K restoration!
- My Lucky Stars – new 2K restoration!
- Twinkle, Twinkle, Lucky Stars – new 4K restoration, plus the alternate extended Taiwanese version also fully restored in 4K!
- Cantonese audio tracks (original mono presentations)
- Optional English dubbed audio tracks for all films
- Newly translated English subtitles
- Brand new feature length audio commentaries on all three films by Asian film expert Frank Djeng (NY Asian Film Festival)
- Winners and Sinners – Archival interview with director and star Sammo Hung (6 mins)
- Winners and Sinners – Archival interview with director and star Sammo Hung (13 mins)
- Winners and Sinners – Sammo Hung retrospective featuring interviews with friends of the legendary director, actor, and action choreographer (20 mins)
- My Lucky Stars – Archival interview with Michiko Nishiwaki (20 mins)
- My Lucky Stars – Archival interview with Sammo Hung (18 mins)
- Twinkle, Twinkle, Lucky Stars – Archival interview with Richard Norton (33 mins)
- Twinkle, Twinkle, Lucky Stars – Archival interview with Richard Ng (21 mins)
- Behind-the-scenes featurettes on all three films originally produced for their Japanese releases
- Outtakes, NG (“No Good!”) shots for all three films
- Trailers for all three films
- Limited-Edition Collector’s Booklet featuring new writing by James Oliver (First Print Run of 2,000 Copies Only)