Eureka Entertainment is to release DREADNAUGHT, the iconic and influential martial arts flick starring Yuen Biao and Bryan Leung, on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK from a brand-new 2K restoration as a part of the Eureka Classics range. Available from 25 April 2022, the first print-run of 2000 copies will feature a Limited-Edition O-card Slipcase & Collector’s Booklet.
Directed by legendary action choreographer Yuen Woo-ping (The Matrix; Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon), Dreadnaught expertly blends majestic action sequences with superb physical comedy, courtesy of stars Yuen Biao, Bryan Leung Kar-yan, and Yuen Shun-yee.
A violent criminal known only as ‘White Tiger’ is hiding amongst a theatre troupe, murdering anyone who discovers his identity (as well as anyone who happens to annoy him). Mousy crosses paths with White Tiger several times but always manages to escape. When the killer instead targets his friend, Mousy must overcome his cowardly nature and acquire the skills necessary to defeat the White Tiger.
Notable for being the final film in which Kwan Tak-hing portrayed folk hero Wong Fei-hung (and, oddly enough, for its famous laundry scene being directly referenced in Batman Forever), Dreadnaught is a cult favourite amongst martial arts fans, and Eureka Classics is proud to present the film in its UK debut on Blu-ray from a brand new 2K restoration!
SPECIAL BLU-RAY EDITION FEATURES*
- Limited Edition O-Card slipcase featuring new artwork by Darren Wheeling [First Print Run of 2,000 copies only]
- Reversible sleeve design featuring original poster artwork
- 1080p presentation on Blu-ray from a 2K restoration
- Original Cantonese mono audio
- Optional English dubbed audio
- Optional English Subtitles, newly translated for this release
- Brand new feature length audio commentary by Asian film expert Frank Djeng (NY Asian Film Festival)
- Brand new feature length audio commentary by action cinema experts Mike Leeder & Arne Venema
- Archival interview with actress Lily Li (21 mins)
- PLUS: A Limited-Edition collector’s booklet featuring new writing by James Oliver [First Print Run of 2,000 copies only