Eureka Entertainment is to release PATHS OF GLORY, Stanley Kubrick’s First World War masterpiece starring Kirk Douglas. Presented on 4K Ultra-HD Blu-ray for the first time ever in UK, as part of The Masters of Cinema Series. Available from 26 February 2024, the first print run of 2,000 copies will feature a Limited-Edition O-card Slipcase.
A shattering masterpiece by one of the medium’s greatest artists, Stanley Kubrick’s Paths of Glory announced the definitive arrival of a towering figure in cinema.
On the French front lines of World War I, after giving the order for an impossible and disastrous mission to capture a nearby stronghold, the upper ranks move to save face by having three randomly selected soldiers held and tried for cowardice under pain of death. Their leader, Colonel Dax, a former lawyer in civilian life, handles their defence against overwhelming odds.
A stylistically astonishing, emotionally overwhelming anti-war drama, Paths of Glory is one of the screen’s most brilliant condemnations of the power structures guiding warfare. The Masters of Cinema Series is proud to present a new Ultra-HD Blu-ray edition for the first time in the UK.
SPECIAL EDITION 4K ULTRA-HD BLU-RAY FEATURES
- Limited edition O-Card slipcase featuring new artwork by Scott Saslow
- 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation, presented in Dolby Vision HDR from a 4K scan of the original camera negative | Audio commentary with film scholar Adrian Martin
- Video interview with Kubrick scholar Peter Kramer
- Video interview with filmmaker Richard Ayoade
- Interview with critic / author Richard Combs
- Optional English SDH
- Original theatrical trailer
- Isolated music & effects track
- PLUS: A collector’s booklet featuring writing by Glenn Kenny and Colin Young, illustrated with archival imagery