The funk-fuelled soundtrack is produced and curated by Grammy Producer of the Year Jack Antonoff, featuring new music from Diana Ross ft. Tame Impala, with their brand-new single ‘Turn Up The Sunshine’ out on 20th May 2022.
The soundtrack celebrates a range of dazzling funk, disco and soul classics with brand-new versions of some of the biggest hits of the 1970s from some of today’s hottest talent. From St. Vincent’s new take on Lipps Inc’s 1979 hit Funkytown and H.E.R.’s rendition of Sly and The Family Stone’s 1967 smash Dance to the Music, to Bleachers version of John Lennon’s 1970 track Instant Karma! and Phoebe Bridgers’ interpretation of The Carpenters’ 1972 single Goodbye To Love, every track has been reimagined by each artist with ingenious results.
And of course, Illumination’s Minions themselves star on the album, with their distinctive performance of the classic Simon & Garfunkel 1970s favourite, Cecilia.
Ready to turn up the sunshine? The Minions: The Rise Of Gru official soundtrack is available to pre-order now!
Minions: The Rise of Gru–Track listing:
- Turn Up The Sunshine –Diana Ross ft. Tame Impala
- Shining Star –Brittany Howard ft. Verdine White (Earth, Wind & Fire 1975)
- Funkytown –St. Vincent (Lipps Inc in 1979)
- Hollywood Swinging –BROCKHAMPTON (Kool & The Gang 1974)
- Desafinado –Kali Uchis (Stan Getz & Joao Gilberto 1959)
- Bang Bang –Caroline Polachek (Nancy Sinatra 1966)
- Fly Like an Eagle –Thundercat (Steve Miller Band 1976)
- Goodbye To Love –Phoebe Bridgers (The Carpenters 1972)
- Instant Karma! –Bleachers (John Lennon 1970)
- You’re No Good –Weyes Blood (Linda Ronstadt 1975)
- Vehicle –Gary Clark Jr. (The Ides of March 1970)
- Dance to the Music –H.E.R. (Sly and The Family Stone 1967)
- Black Magic Woman –Tierra Whack (Santana 1970)
- Cool –Verdine White
- Born To Be Alive –Jackson Wang (Patrick Hernandez 1979)
- Cecilia –The Minions (Simon & Garfunkel 1970)
- Bang Bang –G.E.M. (Nancy Sinatra 1966)
- Kung Fu Suite – RZA19.Minions: The Rise of Gru Score Suite – Heitor Pereira