Eureka Entertainment is to release Sergio Corbucci’s Western masterpiece, THE GREAT SILENCE, presented on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK from a 2K restoration in a Limited Edition Set as part of The Masters of Cinema Series from 22 November 2021. The Limited-Edition Set (3000 copies ONLY) will feature a Slipcase, Reversible Poster, and Set of Lobby Cards.
On an unforgiving, snow-swept frontier, a group of bloodthirsty bounty hunters, led by the vicious Loco prey on a band of persecuted outlaws who have taken to the hills. Only a mute gunslinger named Silence stands between the innocent refugees and the corrupt killers. But, in this harsh, brutal world, the lines between right and wrong are not always clear, and good does not always triumph.
Featuring superb photography and a haunting score from maestro Ennio Morricone, director Sergio Corbucci’s bleak, brilliant and violent vision of an immoral, honour-less West, is widely considered to be among the best and most influential Westerns ever made. The Masters of Cinema Series is proud to present Sergio Corbucci’s masterpiece, The Great Silence, on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK from a 2K restoration.
LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY CONTAINS
- Limited Edition (3,000 Copies Only)
- O-Card Slipcase
- Reversible Poster featuring the film’s original artwork
- Set of 4 facsimile lobby cards
- 1080p presentation on Blu-ray from a 2K restoration undertaken and completed for the 50th anniversary of the film’s original release
- English and Italian audio options
- Optional English Subtitles
- Brand new audio commentary by Western expert Howard Hughes
- Brand new audio commentary by filmmaker Mike Siegel
- Audio commentary by director and Spaghetti Western aficionado Alex Cox, recorded live at the Hollywood Theatre, Portland in 2021
- Brand new interview with Austin Fisher, author of Radical Frontiers in the Spaghetti Western: Politics, Violence and Popular Italian Cinema
- Cox on Corbucci – filmmaker Alex Cox talks about Sergio Corbucci [15 mins]
- Western, Italian Style – 1968 documentary [38 mins]
- Two Alternate Endings (both fully restored in 2K), with optional audio commentaries
- Stills Galleries
- PLUS: A Collector’s Booklet featuring new writing by Western expert Howard Hughes