On Wednesday 6th May 2020, thrilling and inspiring new documentary IN SEARCH OF GREATNESS is released on digital platforms in UK and Ireland. Award-winning filmmaker Gabe Polsky (Red Army) presents a cinematic journey into how greatness is forged and the true nature and nurture of the most outstanding athletes of all time.
This groundbreaking feature documentary reveals the secrets of how ‘genius’ works through a series of intimate conversations with sporting greats including Wayne Gretzky, Pelé, Jerry Rice, Muhammad Ali, Venus & Serena Williams and Michael Jordan.
Writer/Director Gabe Polsky brings an original and playful eye to a film that explores everything from upbringing, coaching and genetics to psychology and philosophy and in doing so champions the idea that it is the journey and not the destination which truly counts. The film strives to spark a positive change for the next generation of young students, athletes and artists and encourage creativity, freedom and positivity as the foundations of greatness.
IN SEARCH OF GREATNESS is a visually striking and captivating glimpse into the mindset of brilliance and is a must see for sports fans and non-fans alike.
- PELÉ – The greatest soccer player in history. He is a three-time World Cup Champion for his native country Brazil (‘58, ‘62, ‘70) and the all-time leading scorer in the history of the sport with 1,281 goals.
- JERRY RICE – The greatest wide receiver to ever play the game. He played 20 seasons in the NFL, winning 3 Super Bowl Championships with the San Francisco 49ers (‘88, ‘89, ‘95), and the Super Bowl MVP Honor in 1988. He is the all-time leader in most major statistical categories for wide receivers.
- WAYNE GRETZKY – ‘The Great One’, is the best hockey player of all time. Gretzky played in 20 NHL seasons and won four Stanley Cups with the Edmonton Oilers (‘84, ‘85, ‘87, ‘88). He holds 60 Records including most career regular season goals (894), most assists (1,963), most points (2,857), and most hat tricks (50).
- SIR KEN ROBINSON – Sir Ken Robinson is the most watched speaker in TED’s history. His 2006 talk, Do Schools Kill Creativity has been viewed online over 40 million times and seen by an estimated 350 million people.
- DAVID EPSTEIN – David Epstein is the author of The Sports Gene, a Top 10 New York Times best-seller and hailed as the best non-fiction book of 2013 by The Washington Post and Publisher’s Weekly. He has Masters’ degrees in Environmental Science and Journalism from Columbia University.