Cocaine cartels are all about succession: That day Pablo went down, the Cali Cartel became public enemy number one. They called themselves the Gentlemen of Cali – the biggest drug lords you’ve probably never heard of.
Meet the Kings
- Gilberto Rodriguez Orejuela – leader of Cali Cartel, “boss of bosses”
- Miguel Rodriguez Orejuela – the brains behind the rise of the of Cali Cartel and Gilberto’s brother
- Pacho Herrera – the on-the-low hitman, runs the Mexican connection and international distribution
- Chepe Santacruz Londono – runs the satellite NYC empire of the Colombian drug network
Just as Gilberto announces a bold plan to walk away from the business, DEA agent Javier Peña enlists the help of American and Colombian law enforcement to take it down. This season opens up a complex and ruthless world of new figures.
Other new players include:
- Jorge Salcedo – Cali’s head of security who prioritizes his wife and kids’ protection over his bosses
- DEA agents Chris Feistl and Daniel Van Ness , who enter the operation with enthusiasm and inexperience
- Franklin Jurado – the cartel’s money launderer who unknowingly puts his wife, Christina in mortal danger
- David Rodriguez – Miguel’s oldest son, who is reluctant at first to take a leading role in the cartel structure
This time around, all rules have changed for the narcos and their opponents – a fact many won’t realize until it’s too late.
Now that the bloody hunt for Pablo Escobar has ended, the DEA turns its attention to the richest drug trafficking organization in the world: the Cali Cartel. Led by four powerful godfathers, this cartel operates much differently than Escobar’s, preferring to bribe government officials and keep its violent actions out of the headlines.