WARNER BROS. PICTURES AND METRO GOLDWYN MAYER PICTURES CHALLENGE YOU TO FACE THE PUZZLES AND PERILS OF TOMB RAIDER IN THE WORLD’S FIRST ESCAPE ROOM USING FILM SETS
Experience open to public from 9th March
Apply for tickets from 21st February
Roar Uthaug, director of Tomb Raider, announces Tomb Raider Escape Room experience:
To celebrate the March 15th release of the action-adventure epic TOMB RAIDER, Warner Bros. Pictures and Metro Goldwyn Mayer Pictures invite you to TOMB RAIDER: ESCAPE – a fantastic journey into the unknown that will push your limits and transport you into the film’s incredible world. You’ll discover your inner-Lara Croft and uncover the mysterious Tomb of the Mother of Death.
The 30-minute, multi-room experience and its immersive environments are inspired by the film and feature key props and elements on loan from the production. TOMB RAIDER: ESCAPE has been created in consultation with the TOMB RAIDER filmmakers, including production designer Gary Freeman (Maleficent).
The Escape Room’s location is being kept under wraps, for now, but organizers have revealed that it is an arrow’s shot away from some of the film’s locations, including Brick Lane and the Nomadic Gardens, which bring to life Lara’s origins as an East London bike courier before her adventures begin.
Spanning over three floors and 1,500 square feet, the Escape Room combines ancient puzzles and the latest technology with physical obstacles, immersive theatre, and cutting-edge sound, lighting and special effects – culminating in an explosive, adrenaline-pumping and unforgettable finale.
TOMB RAIDER: ESCAPE will open its grand doors to the public for a limited time beginning 9th March. Please head over here to secure your reservation.
TOMB RAIDER: ESCAPE – FACT BOX
- Opens to the public for a limited time beginning Friday 9th March.
- Experience lasts approximately 30 mins, but participants should arrive 30 minutes before their slot for optional costume fitting and make-up application.
- Features 3 actual sets and over 50 props from the film.
- Set across three floors and four rooms.
- Encompasses over 1,500 square feet, with rooms up to 20ft feet tall.
- All film set and prop elements transported directly from Leavesden Studios, where some of TOMB RAIDER was filmed.
- Experience has taken three months to create and will undergo a two-week build period.
- Special effects, sound and lighting are brought to life by film production specialists.
- Secret East London location, on the doorstep of TOMB RAIDER filming locations, including:
- Brick Lane
- Nomadic Gardens
- Shoreditch High Street
- Bread Street