A STORY OF COURAGE THAT THE WORLD NEEDS NOW MORE THAN EVER
In 1993, Academy Award®-winning director Steven Spielberg created one of the most historically significant films of our time with his critically acclaimed film, Schindler’s List, the unforgettable true story of the courage and faith that continues to inspire. Now, Universal Pictures Home Entertainment commemorates the film’s release with Schindler’s List: 25th Anniversary Edition available on 4K Ultra HD for the first time ever along with Blu-ray™ and DVD on 25th February, 2019. This special anniversary edition includes an all new bonus feature, Schindler’s List: 25 Years Later, where Director Steven Spielberg joins actors Liam Neeson, Ben Kingsley, Embeth Davidtz and Caroline Goodall to reflect on the making of the film and its legacy.
Garnering twelve Academy Award® nominations and taking home seven Academy Awards® including Best Picture and Best Director, Schindler’s List rapidly became one of the most honored films of all time. The incredible true story follows the enigmatic Oskar Schindler (Liam Neeson, Taken, The Grey), who saved the lives of more than 1,100 Jews during the Holocaust. It is the triumph of one man who made a difference and the drama of those who survived one of the darkest chapters in human history because of what he did. Meticulously restored from the original film negative in pristine high definition and supervised by Steven Spielberg, Schindler’s List is a powerful story whose lessons of courage and faith continue to inspire generations.
The film also earned Oscars® for composer John Williams (E.T., Star Wars), screenwriter Steven Zaillian (Gangs of New York, American Gangster) and director of photography Janusz Kaminiski, as well as art directors Allan Starski and Ewa Braun, editor Michael Kahn and producers Gerald R. Molen and Branko Lustig. Neeson received a Best Actor Academy Award® nomination for his portrayal of Oskar Schindler. Ralph Fiennes’ (The English Patient, the Harry Potter series) star-making performance as the cruel Nazi commander, Amon Goeth, was nominated for Best Supporting Actor, as was Oscar®-winner Ben Kingsley (Gandhi, Hugo) in the role of Schindler’s Jewish accountant, Itzhak Stern.
BONUS FEATURES AVAILABLE ON 4K UHD AND BLU-RAY:
- Schindler’s List: 25 Years Later – Director Steven Spielberg joins actors Liam Neeson, Ben Kingsley, Embeth Davidtz and Caroline Goodall at the Tribeca Film Festival to reflect on the making of the film and its legacy.
- Voices from the List – Featuring documentary with testimonies from those who survived the Holocaust thanks to Oskar Schindler.
- USC Shoah Foundation Story with Steven Spielberg – The director shows how filming Schindler’s List inspired him to establish the USC Shoah Foundation – The Institute for Visual History and Education.
- Let Their Testimonies Speak — Stronger Than Hate – Founder Steven Spielberg and others speak about the transformative power of testimony to inspire empathy, understanding and respect to counter hatred.
- About IWitness – IWitness is an educational website developed by USC Shoah Foundation that brings the testimonies from its Visual History Archive to educators and their students via engaging multimedia learning activities. IWitness connects students with the past, engages them in the present and equips them to build a more tolerant future.